Monday, April 27, 2009

My First Model: Journeyman Warcaster (alt)

My experience with wargaming is Tau-centric, and the Tau - contrary to most of the armies in 40K - have very few special characters, meaning that I could envision my commander as an alien version of me. On the other hand, Warmachine is very character-centric, and I was worried that there wouldn't be a way to "personalize" my army. In response, I started off with the variant JW because I envisioned her as my avatar on the battlefield. And now she's done - my first completed Warmachine model!

Journeyman Warcaster - SideJourneyman Warcaster - FrontJourneyman Warcaster - Back

I apologize for the darkness - I didn't have enough lamps to light the picture very well. The model is brighter in person than in these pictures. I'm particularly proud of the Cygnar crest (Cygnus Yellow over black looked green, so I put down a coat of Rucksack Brown first), and the face/lips. I never thought I could pull off a face that well!

3 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous. Congrats on the first. Look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice face, good eye placement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks great man. Nice job!

    Face does look great, and I like the inclusion of the black in the scheme.

    ReplyDelete