Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Retribution: Fluff and 360° views posted

Privateer Press has updated with fluff descriptions of the Retribution of Scyrah models - as well as the very awesome 360°! Hurrah!

Out of this, two things strike me:
- The 360° view betrays just how stiffly the PP crew modeled their showcase Myrmidons. I'm not complaining about the models, persay - dynamic posing is always possible, and the plastic Heavy Myrmidons makes me even more hopeful. However, I think it would have been better for everyone if the new units didn't look so... arthritic.
- The fluff pieces have explained that the Retribution does have ranged warjacks - those ranged weapons just aren't the obvious cannons and guns and mortars of the other army, but I guess some sort of particle beam or laser coming from their glaives and gloves. Honestly, up till this information was posted I thought the Retribution might have only melee-oriented 'jacks. I'm a little disappointed - I wish the army had more obvious guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment